Thursday, November 04, 2010

A Short Trip to KL Sentral

Since P2 classes are over and I thought using the opportunity my day-off to pay a visit with my good buddy who is working in Plaza Sentral.

We agreed to meet up at 12 noon, and I have the idea of introducing him to have a try with Sin Kee Restaurant, which is famous with its "Mun Fun" as you can see here.

However, once we made our way there (after twisting and turning due to the many constructions and road-side store along the way), we see this:





Well not exactly as hectic as the iPhone queues, but there ain't space for us to sit, and the influx of customer is more than the supply.

To avoid lengthy waiting time, my buddy suggested to have lunch back at Plaza Sentral's cafeteria. We walked all the way back.

The cafeteria, unlike the Europe style cafe, is hidden in the basement with the car-park. The interior of it looks decent and it was crowded (due to lunch time). My friend did recommend me the economy rice of a particular store, but I was too hungry at that moment, I decided to get something fast and minus the queue. I found an isolated store near the entrance of the cafeteria which sells some common chinese dishes.

I have ordered the "Char Kuey Teow" from that store, after seeing the picture looks promising enough but I was whole-hell disappointed when the person in front of me getting her "Char Kuey Teow".

The CKT does not look it comes out from the frying wok, in fact it is just warmed out from whatever heating mechanism. Plus, the food is served warm not hot. (What kind CKT which served warm?) The noodles are plainly tasteless and the prawn - I think there are hardly fresh at all. The only taste that my tongue is able to register is the lousy funny chilly sauce.

I can only drool when my buddy euphorically munching his economy rice.