Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Blogger Template

I thought I want to give it a try to change my blogger template besides the given template.I found one particularly interesting from Drogue Designs. I really like its unique and funky type of design, so I copied the code from them, launched blogger, signed into my account, clicked template, clicked edit HTML and PASTE! And hit the preview button. This is where my nightmares starts, dozen and dozen of coding error. I thought I have copied wrongly, try looking through the codes, the codes are fine. I tried reading the coding error message, looks familiar and then my light bulb burst, its AN XML CODE. *shocks*



The code given is in HTML format, not in XHTML. Plus it is using the strict format which doesn't allow any of the traditional HTML codes to be keyed in. I switched back to the original template, trying to copy the Cascading Style Sheets codes to the XHTML, partically success but I couldn't solve the error. After looking through blogger's help, I am still having the same error despite following its instruction to place Cascading Style Sheet. I finally given up after spending hours and hours editing the code. Then I found this interesting site from the result of googling. Too bad, it has only one interesting theme that I like, but I think it is too flowery as you can see it hanging around my blog entry. Here's the pictorial comparison between my old blogger theme and new theme:



Old Blogger Template

New Blogger Template


I am still not done with it yet, as some of my element (for example links) has gone missing.


~ended keying process at 12:33~